how to bratstyle

macs_xs

xs650 rook
Reaction score
I am completely new to motorcycles but have a 1979 special and I'm still undecided about hardtail or bratstyle leaning toward bratstyle. If i go that route im going to use the visual impact kit. But what i need to know is what do i need? I have been reading other build threads but some are hard to follow because it seems most of you know what you are doing before you do it. It seems to me for the look i want I want the tank, VI kit, shocks and solo seat is what I'm going to need. Is there anything im missing?

Also i want to go for a clean simple finished look with kick start only, what can remove or reposition and still be reliable? (ie relays, kill switch front master cylinder...)

You might want to consider a rear fender of some kind so you don't hit a bump and sit on the back tire at 60 MPH LOL

bratstyle style is a clean yet subtle style to emulate. go to www.bratstyle.com and check out the bikes. quite a few people miss the mark because they just cut off the rear loop and call it a brat, but there is more to it than just that.

Back