How to msg a member?

Tony Harrell

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
I feel like those old ppl that couldn't figure out how to work an answering machine or VCR! I just wanted to ask 5Twins a thing or two but realized I'm not equipped. Hope my mechanic-ing skills are a lil better than my tech. I like his bars and have already found out the braided brake line needs to be 90cm but was wondering about the clutch. Also about the "euro bars"..... is that a brand name or universal term?

You've made only 4 comments, and therefor are not allowed to send private messages. I believe the magic number to unlock the message function is 5.
Reply to this and that function will appear as if by magic. ;)

Well, I can answer your "euro bar" question right here. That refers to the type of bend. There are many different brands available, the most common (and cheapest) being Bikemaster and EMGO. I prefer the Bikemaster brand because the center section where the clamps go is slightly wider.

Well, I can answer your "euro bar" question right here. That refers to the type of bend. There are many different brands available, the most common (and cheapest) being Bikemaster and EMGO. I prefer the Bikemaster brand because the center section where the clamps go is slightly wider.
I will vouch for that. My virago risers move my bars back 1", I have the bikemasters and 20lbs (30?) On my midsection and the Euro Bikemasters seem very good for my 30mph-60mph riding.. Different strokes for different folks.

The best thing I can say about a handlebar bend is that it blends in so naturally with the bike that your hands just fall right onto the grips without giving it a second thought. That's how the euro bar bend is for me. I discovered it probably a good 40 years ago on my old BMWs and have been using it on all my bikes ever since. The BMWs back then were sold in this country with higher bars because that's what U.S. riders preferred. In fact, they were even called "USA bars". But, the rest of the world got the bars the bikes were designed to use, the lower "European" bars. These made the bike sportier and even made the seat more comfortable because it's front portion was angled down slightly to compensate for the more leaned forward position the lower bars put you in .....

My Slash 5.jpg

Back