For Sale - Hughs handbuilt PMA System

yea no kidding. I took it out of the box and bolted it on and the following week it was posted that they were coming out with that new kit. just my luck

Being honest, it's not bad luck. Hugh stood by and supported that PMA for a long time, and it works. If you've already got one stick with it, you'll be fine. Pamco Pete is a big contributor to this site and those two mesh well together, if you in fact have a Pamco.

He's taking them in trade towards the new CDI system. I think it said $145 or something like that credit towards the new one. Not that it helps anyone who just got them, but people that have had them for a while are in good shape.

Last edited:
He's taking them in trade towards the new CDI system. I think it said $145 or something like that credit towards the new one. Not that it helps anyone who just got them, but people that have had them for a while are in good shape.

Forgive me, but why are people trading them in? Did I miss something?

He just came out with a CDI ignition that needs no points etc. it's on his page available for preorder now. Pretty slick system he's been teasing for a couple weeks.

http://www.hughshandbuilt.com/product/complete-xs650-cdi-system/

He's offering a 10% discount for pre-orders and the $145 back for customer loyalty. That's pretty cool altogether.

Figure8 and I have been talking about what we should do since we both love shiny new parts, but honestly there's nothing much to gain over the pamco / pma system he's been selling for awhile, so I don't see the reason to shell out another $3-400, unless you just want the new stuff, haha

Posted via Mobile

I was curious how much more effective the new 200W system will be. Meanwhile I've already opened my PMA and pamco so maybe it's better I don't know and just pretend I've got the latest.

Same thing has happened to me. Got my pamco and PMA in about two weeks ago put them both on (Never Fired) and marked TDC on the flywheel ,and HHB comes out with yet again a great new product. If i didnt love all of his products i would simply turn the other way. Everything Hugh makes is pure quality. I think for the time being ill get the new project running and if for some reason i come into some cash ill grab this new CDI.

IF you have a new in the box system, we'll give you a strong credit towards the new stuff, and of course we working with our Customer Loyalty Program as well - we want ya'll to be as happy as we are...

I know lots of companies will drop a new product without any thought to those who bought previous stuff, but not us, we stand behind ya! :thumbsup:

Thanks for all the kind words folks!

Hugh

Hugh your a stand up guy thats why we all back you! I have installed my PMA (a week ago not fired yet. Timing mark has been paint pen'd) on my 1980 xs650. What would i need to make the new CDI system work? is the stator different? im assuming the flywheel is the same. Rectifier looks different. Let me know i would love to try out the new product!

Hugh your a stand up guy thats why we all back you! I have installed my PMA (a week ago not fired yet. Timing mark has been paint pen'd) on my 1980 xs650. What would i need to make the new CDI system work? is the stator different? im assuming the flywheel is the same. Rectifier looks different. Let me know i would love to try out the new product!

Email me, if you haven't cut any wires short, or otherwise "fully installed it" we can work out a better trade in deal for you

Back