hyd clutch / brembo brake conversion

FLEA

XS650 Guru
Reaction score
I will be doing a hyd clutch and a brembo front brake conversion on project bike (stock frame /drag bars) but having trouble finding suitable m/cyds and levers that match,wondering what anyone else are using and where to find them

I don't know what size mc you need for the brakes but I am using Brembo ps series mc's (specifically the PS13 mc's) from gotham cycles with an Aprilia slave cylinder and dual oem late model front brake calipers. They have multiple sizes available in the ps series.

mmm. gotham m/c ,good site ,like their clutch m/c ($119) but their brake m/c ( $119) is 16mm where on this forum recommended brembo conversion seems to be 12-13mm (have 1 of your h/clutchs to fit) have seen a couple of very cheap chinees combinations but wouldn't like to trust them

They do not show the PS13 brake master cylinder on their website but they have them on ebay. They used to have them on their website.

just been in touch with gothamcycles ebay and waiting more info..trouble is they sent message asking email address that ebay wont allow to be sent and their e/mail address doesnt seem to go through.just have to wait and see they look ok also someone suggested bevel heaven

Yamaha used a 1/2" (12.7mm) front brake m/c on various 250cc models (Route 66, Virago XV250, VStar 250) from 1988 through at least 2011 that falls in the "sweet spot" for use with 4-pot Brembo - seems like there'd be a lot of them around. P/N 2UJ-25870-00-00

And Suzuki use a 13mm on the little bikes, GN125 looks pretty good on straight bars and they do an angled version on the RG etc. can get chinky copies but I am of the same opinion that I would rather find a good second hand genuine one....

thanks but the trouble is finding a matching set hyd clutch and hyd front brake at 13mm finding 1 or the other is fairly easy ,found 1 after market chinese set but it got the harly symbol on the lids

maybe a big scooter, like the burgman or something, that should have ish the right size and would have clutch as well, I see your point its a tough one to find a set, and yes I agree it looks naf if your levers don't match.....

As stated above....Brembo PS13 MC's for both sides. 64mm Bembo caliper on one side. MV Augusta slave cylinder (30mm). Works flawlessly!!!

Go to www.oppracing.com, just call them up and let them know what you want. Awesome service.

retiredgentleman is right..... Forgot to mention I'm running a 320mm rotor. For stock diameter 12 or 11 works. I tried 12mm on a 320 and braking was way too sensitive considering bike weights in at 370lbs. (lots of weight loss)

thanks to both you and retiredgentleman will be getting in touch with oppracing as they look like having what I need , just prices are a little scary (exchange rate and postage included ) but brakes are nothing to go cheap on ,if 2 piston brembo what size would you both recommend 11/12/13/14 mm etc with drilled 320 rotor

Has anyone calculated the clutch pushrod length for use with a Ducati Slave cylinder? TIA for the info.
Jim

In the kits and service I do using the aftermarket aprillia slave cylinder I found that a 300mm pushrod works very well and gives plenty of cushion for friction plate wear.

I used one like this but here is GOTHAM part around $140.00
There are others out there that come from other bikes with HYD CLUTCH

Attachments

• clutch.jpg
    clutch.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 238
Back