Hydraulic clutch control info wanted.

Hitndahedfred

Do I look like a people person to you?
Reaction score
I looked pretty hard and could only find them in 3/4" that has the 1200 mm cable attached.
Does anyone know of a place I can get this item for 1" bars"
All I can find is just the lever and reservoir in the 1" size.
I DID email the suppliers of those 1" vendors to see if they have access to a matching cable.

Would the cable from a 3/4" work on the 1" from a different supplier?
I really like my 1" apes and do not wanna go back to 3/4".
So ANY HELP you all could provide would really be appreciated.

THANKS !!!

Hi,

I would just make your own hose up - Venhill hoses, or such like - you buy the braided hose and unions and make your own lengths up. They're the screw type with olives as oppposed to the crimp style, they look pretty good too.

Paul

I'm assuming you mean 7/8" bars? Do you have a link to the master you're talking about? I think most hydraulic clutch conversion get rid of the cable all together and use a slave cylinder that pushes directly on the clutch pushrod and replaces the worm gear. Then you have the pit bike hydraulic units like these http://www.ebay.com/itm/45-Universa...TER-CYLINDER-PIT-BIKE-MX-H-LV41-/380942717748 that people have adapted that still used the worm gear.

If going hyrdo might as well go all of the way and bolt a slave cylinder to the side of the left engine cover. Get rid of the cable all together and use a hose. Unless when you said cable you actually meant hydraulic brake line?

No,,
I am using 1" bars on my bike,,
And I will be using the "pit bike" method that is outlined on Hughes handbuilts site.
Just having a bit of an issue locating what I need for 1" bars.
I might just get a 3/4" and ream it 1/8th of an inch and be done with it.

If you are running 1" bars you can use any VT or VTX master of bike with HDY Clutch. I have used VTX ones before for the brake side and had one to replace on a VTX clutch side. Just got to hunt them down thru Honda

Attachments

• s-l300.jpg
    s-l300.jpg
    7.1 KB · Views: 61
DaddyG,,,
On the clutch side how did you address the hose, fittings and associated parts?
I really wish to retain the worm gear to push the rod to engage the clutch.
THANKS

What I do is different then what you are trying to do. I take out worm gear and put HDY pusher in because its easy to bleed and make work. What you want to do will work but you will have to buy left HYD master 10mm hose to the length you need. Guys on here have done this with no trouble and I think Hugh sells a kit. You could always call him good guy.

Hey DADDYG,,,
The method you said about using the hydraulic plunger instead of the more common "pit bike" method sounds better.
Do you have any links or a "how to" anywhere for me to check out?
I'm really thinking this is the way to go if a hyd clutch is going on the bike.
THANK YOU !!

Back