I am SUCH an Idiot!

Downeaster

Everything in XS
Top Contributor
Reaction score
Charging problem fixed. Operator pulled head out of ass...

I had the positive brush installed downside up, so BOTH brushes were grounded. :doh:

I swear that's the way it came apart, but then it wasn't charging when I got it either.

So, tomorrow I can go back to tweaking the carb-a-tooters.

---

ETA: Many, MANY thanks to the folks that put together the Tech How-To's here. Staring at the pictures is what finally clued me in to the obvious.

I'm sure the neighbors are using such a description as he runs it up and down a Maine road in the dead of Winter... :bike:

Rich

:D I'm originally from Michigan. Folks around here are notoriously clannish. If you, your parents, and THEIR parents weren't born here, then yer a "flatlander" and as such treated with courtesy but also considered a bit "different".

I've been here off and on since 1973, and full time since 1988 so pretty much everybody in town knows who I am and already thinks I'm about half a bubble off level. Today's little stunt just reinforced the majority opinion...:eek:

what are you getting at battery for voltage readings now? at idle and 2500+rpm

might want to post your fix in that other thread too, you know just to complete your humilation:doh:

Last edited:
jayel, a quickie check showed something north of 13 v at around 1500 rpm. I've been running it with the tank off and the carbs ran out of fuel before I could do a thorough test.

That, and SWMBO ran out of patience with me running in the house, staring at the computer and then running back out to the garage every 5 minutes. I'll put the tank back on and do a more complete test tomorrow.

jayel, a quickie check showed something north of 13 v at around 1500 rpm. I've been running it with the tank off and the carbs ran out of fuel before I could do a thorough test.

That, and SWMBO ran out of patience with me running in the house, staring at the computer and then running back out to the garage every 5 minutes. I'll put the tank back on and do a more complete test tomorrow.

damn they do that alot and quick too :laugh: well hopefully this will get it a little closer to being ready for spring

What I need is an innerwebz connection in the garage and a big ol' 60-inch flat screen on the wall over the bench...

I got outside my share of the beer (and a significant portion of someone else's) some years back.

I should clean off a spot for my Keurig tho...:D

I've got the beer fridge under a work bench in the shop but no room for the computer and TV. I need a smaller house and a bigger shop. Or just a really big shop with a cot in the corner.

Back