I just laced my tank

Inked Monkey

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
Just got done doing some lace work on my tank. Not too bad for spray paint. Just need to clear the shit out of it and have my buddy stripe the edges.

Attachments

• lace 10.JPG
    lace 10.JPG
    159.1 KB · Views: 345
  • lace 11.JPG
    lace 11.JPG
    158.1 KB · Views: 425
  • lace 12.JPG
    lace 12.JPG
    145.2 KB · Views: 352
i ve been wanting to try this, but good lace seems hard to find. did you u use cotton lace ? I got a big sheet of plastic lace, but it turned out crappy.

Thanks guys. Yep cotton lace from the fabric store. It was actually really easy to do. I just used some temp adhesive spray to hold it in place. Oh and yeah my buddy is gonna stripe the edges after i clear it. I want to try some fish scales next.

Looks awesome! I messed around a couple of weeks ago w/ my tank. I used some lace off my wife's wedding dress.(never noticed it before). I would like to try more also.
nice work!

Attachments

• 20100808151606.jpg
    20100808151606.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 289
- you cut your wife's wedding dress up ? - you still together ? - buddy, i hope you asked her, even better, had her cut it for you ... i dont want to think about the possible negative consequences ... still, it doesnt look bad

Typically the strip to break up color is done under the clear. You can do it however. I think it looks 100% better under. Pinstripping is really the only thing that looks good on top of clear. Just my opinion tho!

Posted via Mobile

Pinstripping is what I meant. He said the single shot colors might act weird with the bare paint.

Barkcolar that looks kickass

Had a 68 Honda 450 with a black and red lace job when I was in high school around 1970 liked lace ever since.

Nice job, it's definitely very 1970. I like how you left some space around the gas cap too.

Just finished up the tank. Here's a shot of it polished, then I had a buddy lay some stripes on it. Turned out better than I expected.

Attachments

• polished.JPG
    polished.JPG
    145.6 KB · Views: 223
  • stripes 1.JPG
    stripes 1.JPG
    151.3 KB · Views: 258
  • stripes 2.JPG
    stripes 2.JPG
    145.8 KB · Views: 246
Back