I know this has had to be asked before...But......

BigJohnParts

XS650 Member
Reaction score
After a few years of ignoring my 82 XS650 due to reasons beyond my control. I'm about to break it out of mothballs and get running and road worthy once again. My question is...Are the rear brake calipers off the earlier 650 Specials, the same as the right front used on the slightly later models? The only difference I can see is the orientation of the bleeder valve and the banjo bolt hole...Otherwise I can't see a difference in the caliper casting mounting wise. The mounts are different, but how the caliper bolts up to the mounting brackets look the same to me.

My question is:
1. Is the differing orientation of both the bleeder screw and the banjo bolt a problem in terms of with working with how the brake line and bleeder screw line up it to the bracket and clearing the fork tube? I'm not close to my machine right now and I can't have a look for my self..

Any thoughts?

Thx.
Big..

Yeah it'll bolt on but line routing and bleeder don't work so well. the correct caliper (needing a rebuild) are dime a dozen on flea bay.

Welcome to the forum!

Thanks man..I got my original off and have a kit..Turns out I need a piston for it..I expect I'll be ordering that and a few other items from MMM at 650Central.com...I appreciate the heads up!

Back