I screwed up the screw

Gcraay

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
I was taking my Mikuni carbs apart, and the butterfly screws were temperamental. So I extracted them as best I could, but had to drill out one of those tiny little screws that hold in the butterfly thing ma jig. One of them had an unfortunate accident and I messed up the female threads on the bar it slides into.
I actually need 3-4 of the screws and or a way to fix my situation.
Can I get an extremely small screw and nut and just run it through? I'm okay buying a new bar, but not sure where.
I wouldn't mind one from the forum if you have one.
They are BS 34's. :doh:

you could helicoil it. ijust saw they actually sell them that small they are m3. yea if you get a tapered screw like the original thats long enough you can put a nut behind it with a little blue loctite

They make a coil the size of that little thing? Just to make sure I didn't cornfuse the forum, The tiny little screws that go inside the carb that hold in the brass round butterfly valve. The screws so small it would take like 50 to fill a shot glass.

yea man i understood. i like i said theyre m3 smallest metric screw ive seen so far haha. but i gave you two option you could use both would work one more epensive then the other but its up to how picky you are

McMaster carr sells the screws, long enough they could be nutted. I have some but not the nuts. Now that you mention it I will get a some nuts with the next mcmaster carr order. I have been considering trying to find brass screws. Not sure of the pros and cons of that yet.

PS which carb has the bad shaft?

Hey sound great. How much ya want for like 16. I have a set of b38's I'm gonna rebuild and get on the market so I may need some.

Um...I'd have to see when i assemble them. Why, does it make a difference? Other than the bar being different. I afraid now that you asked that I may find out the hard way that this is a major "screw" up.

Back