if it aint one thing,,, its another,,, geesh

Hitndahedfred

Do I look like a people person to you?
Reaction score
Got one of my daughters male friends to kick my bike so I could check new fuel lines and other stuff.
(Just wanted to hear it run really)
The issue is this,,, gas just dumping out the float bowl tube on the left VM34,,
And that carb is still giving me issues,,not feeding fuel correctly at all,,,causing idle and running issues.
I tell ya,,, if it didn't look so badass with the manifold I have I would just be going with a 2 into 1.lol
So should I remove the bowl and bend the tab? which way?

Have you tried tapping the side of the carb with the butt end of a screwdriver or a piece of wood? After installing carbs, or draining them, the float can stick down for no good reason. Tapping on the side of the carb can free it up. I expect this overfill when putting the carbs on, it probably happens 50% of the time or more.

Scott

Have you tried tapping the side of the carb with the butt end of a screwdriver or a piece of wood? After installing carbs, or draining them, the float can stick down for no good reason. Tapping on the side of the carb can free it up. I expect this overfill when putting the carbs on, it probably happens 50% of the time or more.

Scott
I tried that,,,,no go.
Guess I will just pop the bowl off and see whats going on.

Hi 'fred,
sometimes it ain't the needles and seats that's the problem.
If the float needle seats in your carbs are sealed into the carb. bodies with an O-ring
it's possible that the O-rings are leaking and no amount of carb rapping gonna fix that.

The write up said you are running vm34 already. I had to go a little less on the float level as my kick stand make the bike lean over on the left more. Sound like you have the same issue. If you are have other issues with the 34's let me know, I can help. just let me know what is in there now, needle , needle jet, slides and main and pilot.

The write up said you are running vm34 already. I had to go a little less on the float level as my kick stand make the bike lean over on the left more. Sound like you have the same issue. If you are have other issues with the 34's let me know, I can help. just let me know what is in there now, needle , needle jet, slides and main and pilot.
=============================================
Hey Gary,,,
The carb I got from you works perfectly, (when we traded) great response and no issues at all.
I can open it up this evening and check it out.(the one giving me issues)

Had the same issue on my VM36 with a new carb. Fuel would just run out the overflow. I have a single carb and the angle of the carb is not the same as the carb wold normally expect. And yet it was worse on the kick stand. Sso I took it apart and changed the float level according to spec, it was off on one side. Then I went just a bit more just a bit more so it would close sooner.

Back