Ignition coil placement

Downer

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
I'm running stock coils and want to move them from stock position to a bit lower and foreword so I can lower my gas tank does anyone have any ideas on a bracket to do so Ive read about moving them to the back downtube but would like to keep them under the tank I tried to make something using some spare angle iron but it didint really turn out how I wanted. Somthing that could bolt on to the existing mount maybe? Thanx

This application sounds kinda "rough on the tank", but i shaped the tunnel of the tank with a body hammer to lower my tank over the coil and kept the stock bracket. I actually wanted to stuff it up between the 2 neck gussets to hide it totally but decided against that.

Posted via Mobile

That might work if I was running one coil witch I still might do but I'm running two coils and it makes it kinda hard to jam the two up inside it's a very tight spot between the stock bracket and where the rocker box is and still have clearance for the plug wires

Ok where the coils mount to the stock bracket I mean the two threads on the coil is that a grounding point? Do these two threads need to be grounded good or are they more just for holding the coils?

Back