Incounter with a Harley rider.

plane_ben

XS650 Junkie
Reaction score
Coming home from a short ride on Yamkahonsu today and a Harley rider pulls up next to me. Checks out my ride with more than indifferent interest, then says. Thought that was a 650 twin, I got a couple in my back yard I want to sell. So I follow him home. He has a 1970 XS1 with an extended fork, but still has the drum front brake. Engine kicks over with good compression. Then there is an XS650 special frame, unkown year, no front end, and the engine in the garage. No rocker cover on it but complete in all other respects. Then the kicker, out back of the garage is a complete TX750. Don't know the year they were made, and have heard they are pretty much a toad. But still a rare bird. No titles on any of this stuff, but the price is to good to pass up. I'll post up pictures when I haul the stuff home.:thumbsup:

Picked up my new treasures today.

First up. XS650 XB1 chopper.

IMG_0533.jpg

IMG_0534.jpg

IMG_0536.jpg

IMG_0537.jpg

A newer special parts bike. The XB1 tank is sitting on this frame.

IMG_0532.jpg

IMG_0531.jpg

Yamaha TX 750.

IMG_0530.jpg

IMG_0535.jpg

IMG_0541.jpg

IMG_0538.jpg

Look at those rims. Perfect!(oops I see a dent in front rim)

IMG_0539.jpg

IMG_0540.jpg

Very cool find(s). I am just as jealous of your climate though. In PA, if those bikes were sitting exposed in someone's backyard for more than a couple years, they would look like someone just brought them up from the Titanic wreckage. yoi

Back