Info on non-XS650 parts that are the same as on XS650

maxdog

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
Hello all,

I have obtained a 1974 TX650 in rough shape and will attempt a ground up restoration. Probably won't be cost effective, but a good candidate to learn on. Something I think I may have stumbled across is that other Yamaha models may share some of the same parts as the TX650. Haven't researched this extensively yet, but wondering if there exists a database somewhere where a Yamaha part number could be entered and the various Yamaha models it would fit would be displayed. Thinking that this may expand the possibility of finding parts to fit. Anything like that in existence?

http://boats.net/

Look down the column on the left for Yamaha parts.

Once you get to the parts fiche, click on the part number and it will tell you what other years that part will work on.

http://www.boats.net/parts/search/Yamaha/Motorcycle/parts.html

Click onto year...........click onto Model.............Click onto the part................Click onto the part no.................Will give you a list of other XS's and maybe TX's, RD's, Sr or other Yamaha bikes.

Caution.............have found some discrepancies. If it shows an XS650 part off another model, the part no can be cross referenced through Biker.net. These are Yamaha microfiche files.

A bit of mucking around but worth it. 74 was a TX650A, Major difference and total upgrade from a TX650................ Need to be clear on that..........TX650 is a 73.

Swing arm and wheels/hubs from a 73/74 TX750 is a straight swap

Thanks! That is what I am looking for. I had been to that site in the past, but never thought to click on the part number. Thanks again.

For most parts your 74 and the 1975 XS650B are very close. And like skull says not much is shared with the 1973 TX650 doesn't seem logical but that's the way it is. The weird naming thing came from severe engine problems Yamaha had with the 73-74 TX750.

Back