inhail the smoke...

southerndime333

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
well first off im going to say thanks for all the fish... i mean help...

it seems someone needs to take my tools away from me.... the amal carbs i have on my bike, they run sweet as a nut, i think.
the problem was the timing..well the advanced retard infact, some idiot (me) didnt line up the line with the other line on the cog thingy , so the hole thing was out.

but my problem is the shit tonn of white smoke out of the left exhaust.... im guessing its the valve guides/ valve seals that are gone, would it be ok to run the bike with that oil burning away in there?? :bike:

I think the answer you are looking for is yes. So yes run it til she blows.

Posted via Mobile

what do you think would happen? drop a valve or two? rebuild jobby? or what?
i dont own a torque wrench, i dont own a valve spring compressing tool, i dont know anybody with one, and i cant afford one. shit just keeps getting better

Is it fouling your plugs?
Do you give a damn about the environment?
Is it making any strange noises?

If you answered no to all the of these questions keep running it but put a generic "no smoke" additive in your oil to swell your seals and remedy the problem until you can get the top end off.

yes its messing my plugz, no i dont give a crap. and yes its making a tapping noise whitch i thought was the timing shaft mooving side to side..

cheers tho

dontcha know what i mean? what ever it is it does somthing to the whatsit that helps it bang , yeah it turns a little too

:banghead:

OFF with her head!! im going to pull the engine again today , and yes i shall stay away from tasting the oil .

i never knew desiel could taste sooo bad!! arrghhh :mad:

Back