interesting find on craigslist

Yeah it would be easier cheaper better to overhaul a used motor . low miles or not it is over 30 years old. What he think is going to happen when you go to start an engine that sat for 30 years. LOOKS pretty though.

Bought a whole bike WITH a re-built engine for less.
But, there is someone out there that will buy it.:shrug:

Yeah for that price I can put a big bore kit, have head gas flowed, install the fifthgear kit, get a set of vm's, and still have money in my pocket. Al the while cleaning the engine myself.

I was gonna say the same thing. We all make mistakes but damn if your that bad at spelling pay a ten year old kid to post your ad. I'll pay you a $150 but I'm gonna only give a $100 in ones and see if your counting skills are at the same level.

Sounds kind of fishy. In 1978 he bought what was essentially an almost new bike with 2K on the clock and pulled the motor out of it just in case? Why not "just in case " the whole bike? Easier to move around than that big lump. If it were me, I'd just have two XSs to ride. Now if he said he bought the extra motor out of a crashed bike with 2K I might see the situation a little clearer. Price is still too high for an unknown. :wtf:

If he just took it out in 78 and tucked it away till now, wouldn't there still be black paint on the heads? It looks good though, even if he's lying. He's nuts to ask that for it though.

Engine stolen in 1978, and he was too scared until now to sell it
That thought crossed my mind, the bike it was in was stolen. He got the engine and the frame is in a local lake. Someone should email and ask for the engine # That would be interesting.

If it was stolen he'd be trying to trade it for $15 worth of crack.

Back