Interesting motorcycles, not XS650

Wheels.jpg

Oh if you did that in my wife’s dishwasher, the fight would be on! I got banished from working on motorcycle parts in the house after I smoked up the house baking jugs in the oven! 😁
My wife drew the line at a VW crank in the freezer and the timing gear in a pot of boiling water.

Oh if you did that in my wife’s dishwasher, the fight would be on! I got banished from working on motorcycle parts in the house after I smoked up the house baking jugs in the oven! 😁
I’ve said this before, my wife claims the appliances are not “hers”, they’re ours. Yes, I have used “our” dishwasher on occasion.
I recently had a big win. She’s running “our” lawnmower. It’s a zero turn. She’s no longer intimidated, so I have some help.

I'd love to run my freshly bored out IT400F cylinder through the dishwasher to get all the shavings out. Hmmmm....
Sometimes being married to a feminist has advantages. And yes, I often cook for her. I don’t think I’ll succeed in getting her to do an oil change in the car or the mower. Such is life.

I'd love to run my freshly bored out IT400F cylinder through the dishwasher to get all the shavings out. Hmmmm....
I ran my H1 engine cases through the dishwasher after bead blasting. The dishwasher was never the same and was replaced soon after. The wife didn't know why and I didn't tell her. YMMV

The 80's muscbikes were kind of an interesting eddy in motorcycle design. The V65 started it off, then came the 900 Eliminator, VMax and Madura. There was also the 1 year only ZL1000 Eliminator. The VMax was the king, and lasted the longest, although the ZL1000 gave it all it could handle, for one year at least. No one remembers the GS1150 was as quick and fast.....

Of all of them, the Madura was the weirdest, but I have a strange deisre to pick one up, as I have a thing for oddball bikes and short runs.

I figured it was the slowest of them all, but it seems to give a V65 a decent run.

I remember a guy offering an RE-5 in the classiifeds back in the 90s along with a second motor still in the crate for $1500. Such a sad time to be stuck in an apartment. The $1800 Z1-R was another one that got away.

I’ve said this before, my wife claims the appliances are not “hers”, they’re ours. Yes, I have used “our” dishwasher on occasion.
I recently had a big win. She’s running “our” lawnmower. It’s a zero turn. She’s no longer intimidated, so I have some help.
My wife always refers to domestic jobs as:
''I have done MY ironing / My washing / My dishes etc.....''
But when the machine that does it goes wrong its... ''Can you fix that bloody machine you bought!''
How the Fu(k does that work! :umm:

Gary, Just wait for the right time like when she's going out with some of her lady friends for the evening. Then just make sure to run a couple loads of dishes through right after to clean things out

I know a dish washer does a great job cleaning up a chain saw crank case once everything is out of it. As for smoking up the house heating things in oven, that's why when I built the garage I put in a 220 service outlet and saved the "old" kitchen oven when we got a new one. Now the only thing I have to be careful about is to back her car out so it doesn't get smelly!

Back