Interesting motorcycles, not XS650

Only one I saw Atom...
I didn't go down the rabbit hole to chase more.
Just liked how simple and clean it looks.
Can't go wrong with a deep black and bright chrome contrast. Especially when the chrome isn't overdone, it really makes it pop.

The reason bikes were ever baught for us as kids was my Dads bike he road in Texas before Vietnam. Honda 350 Scrambler. I believe that if this bike wasnt baught than there may not have been any hauled home for use as kids. Thanks Dad!

Attachments

• IMG_20230729_183639.jpg
    IMG_20230729_183639.jpg
    220.5 KB · Views: 40
I've seen that one in person or a reproduction in the Glen Curtiss Museum about an hour and half from here! Not sure I would want to ride it at 30 mph! let alone 136 mph!
Kinda' like this crazy,rich friend I had with his unrestored 1914 Mercer Raceabout. I rode with him at about 60, Holy Crap!!! No way I'm gonna, be in that thing at 100+!!!

I've seen that one in person or a reproduction in the Glen Curtiss Museum about an hour and half from here! Not sure I would want to ride it at 30 mph! let alone 136 mph!
Here's a picture of the sign in front of that bike from when I was there in 2011. Note that it took him one mile to come to a stop!

Attachments

• Cuttiss V-8.jpg
    Cuttiss V-8.jpg
    754.9 KB · Views: 38
Puts me in mind of Royce Creasey and his advocacy of Feet First motorcycles. Was he involved in that Yamaha GTS project?

Puts me in mind of Royce Creasey and his advocacy of Feet First motorcycles. Was he involved in that Yamaha GTS project?
No idea Raymond, it just tickled me when it popped up on Car & Classic.

Back