International shipping.

bradical

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
I have had alot of request to ship parts overseas and until now I have never considered it. I would like to start shipping internationally and would like some input on who to use and what things to look for to make sure the transaction goes smooth for both myself and the buyer of whatever I am selling. Thanks for the help, Brad

I ship a lot to Canada, United Kingdom, Australia etc... I noticed that Canada can hold things up in customs sometimes. Generally it gets to customs in days and sits there and takes weeks for the customers to get their items. I ship USPS flat rate(IF IT FITS IT SHIPS) The main reason I use that is because Im shipping the same thing and it gives me a flat cost to everywhere in the world. Its actually fairly reasonable to depending on size of box. As far as problems go, they have been very timely and reliable.

You have to fill out a pretty complicated form from the post office for each parcel. A lot of the time buyers will ask you to lie on the form and declare the item as a gift so they don't have to pay their fees on their end. Other than that pretty much the same as domestic, at least with small items, from the sender pov.

do it online at usps.com and it is simple. I ship internationally all the time without a problem. always buy the insurance, its only a few bucks more.

From a buyers point of view. I have bought a lot of parts from the states, (i live in Aus), ebay, Miksxs, and xs650.com and have had no problems recieving parts. USPS is the best pricewise, reliability and the time it takes to get here. I have bought some large items, a set of front forks with the tripple clamps and a set of exhausts for a TXA, ( Mufflers and headers, heavy little buggers), without any problems. If you can get stuff into a flat rate box it is good as the cost is for the box.

As long as the parts are marked as used and less then $1000.00 there are no taxes to pay sending stuff here. Parts would arrive from Mikesxs in 10 days but sometimes parts have taken 2-2 1/2 weeks

Go to the USPS site and look up the scheduals for international and the only way to send stuff overseas is by "Priority Mail International" It may be a little bit more expensive but worth it as it has tracking as well. I would insist on the sellers to do it that way even though it cost a little more

Last edited:
I reiterate all that 650skull said above.. I also live in australia and because of our shortage of parts and bikes have had to ship in alot of parts etc.. You guys ( in the US ) have it so much easier and cheaper when it comes to these bikes, seeing the prices of things and availability from way down here is like havin yer hands tied behind yer back when its raining $100 bills.. jus sayin..
I really appreciate this site and the benefits it has for all of us in information and sharing a good deal with a fellow rider.. The biggest barrier for me personally is Shipping and the expenses attached to it so I commend you Bradical for taking the initiative to try lessen that pain... Thanks mate!!

Back