like i said, when i had the 32.5s in it would run and rev good wit the choke on. would not run great with the choke off. with the new info about the pilots, which is correct. in the picture in my last post the 32.5 is on the left with virtually no hole in the bottom. take a look at the one on the right... that is the 30. can any anyone give me some insight on my pilots. hole in the bottom or no hole in the bottom(very small hole)
i feel like im getting closer...your advice is VERY apprieciated!!!!!

Your bike is a 1978, so you should be using a VM22/210 pilot. They do not interchange. The one on the right is correct for your carbs. The metering orifice is in the top end of the jet, next to the driving flats. The other one has the metering orifice in the bottom. they emulsify (mix the fuel and air) differently. You're close. That 32.5 you have is the wrong part number for stock 1978 carbs. This is explained on page 30 of the carb guide PDF.

So now what? I feel like I'm back at the beginning. I can put the 140 main and the 30 pilots. It will idle fine and rev ok sitting still but under load like when I go down the street it breaks up from low midrange on.
:banghead:

Posted via Mobile

How is your battery and charging system? Have you checked your coils and wires? Has your advance mechanism been serviced? Is your ignition timed?
I'm asking because with what you have for mods, that jetting should run, even if not ideal.
It's not uncommon for an ignition system to break down under load, but seem to be doing OK with no load. As load increases on the engine, the ignition system's demand goes up. If the charging system and/or battery are weak, they can't meet the demand.

Back