Is this stance achievable?

apox

XS650 Addict
Reaction score

Attachments

• low_bobber.jpg
    low_bobber.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 197
Any pics? Also what hardtail with stretch dimension ground clearance etc? Was it homemade or a popular maker like low brow etc.

With that long frame xs engine would look bit funny because integrated transmission.

You ever try to turn around a long motorcycle? it sucks. Oops this is art not function sorry I'll go back under my rock.

It's function. I dont want it quite that long lol. Just it's stance. But with adequate turning clearance and still a flat look with hardtail

i,ve seen a similar style from bratsyle in japan,,,, and they actually have a xs650 done.. ,,i really like it as,,,, i,m short.. 5ft 6inches... this is also bad news as i am thinking of stripping a lovely looking 1980 gs1000e... and maybe doing something sinilar to that ... with a sprung style seat maybe a gunslinger style seat with springs ... but i,ll get this finished first as i want to ride it again regards oldbiker

Build your frame from the neck back and you could get close... modifying the stock frame would mean redoing almost all of it anyway including the backbone and down tubes.

Stock Triumph frame or not, in my opinion, the only way to get the same look with your XS is to build a complete frame. One with more room in front and back of the engine.

No need to do a complete frame. I took 3 inches out of the forks and ran a g&l tail with 5 inch strech. And omg!!! Mids! Forwards would just be retarded. Can post pics yet cuz I want to finish the fender. But I have been slacking and working on another bike. Maybe in a month or so I will be done.

Posted via Mobile

Well that depends on how closely you are trying to mimic that stance and look. The cradle on the Triupmph frame is quite a bit bigger than the cradle on the XS650 frame. That changes the look quite a bit in my opinion.

I almost ran out of room to mount the vertical eletrical bag and stock size battery. There's really not that much room there. Im sure most will think its too long but I like it. I built it to sell and hope the final price reflects it. At 6 foot i felt like i was sliding off tbe tc tail. Not you typical 3000 Tc/ peanut/ dna ebay deal. Altho this one sold for 4 gs. Next one I plan to lay out the whole bike and use my tail.

Posted via Mobile

Attachments

• 2010-03-29 18.51.11.jpg
    2010-03-29 18.51.11.jpg
    308.5 KB · Views: 122
I got the angles I was looking for. the neck came raked so whatever, Id prefer just shortened forks but raked works too.

Attachments

• photo (1).jpg
    photo (1).jpg
    239.1 KB · Views: 109
  • photo (3).jpg
    photo (3).jpg
    215.2 KB · Views: 98
Back