Isle of Man TT - best film?

Shakey

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
Just watched a new film about one of (certainly Europe's) most iconic roadraces - the Isle of Man TT. The film is called "Closer to the Edge" and follows mad-rider and all-round top-bloke Guy Martin: more podiums than any other non-winner.
It captures the spirit of the TT; what makes them do it; and manages to capture the visceral nature of riding at 170mph between stone walls on country lanes.
Best biking film I have seen in a long while.
There is a website for the film TT3DMovie.com apparently - haven't checked it out yet
You guys in US know about the TT?
:bike:

Just watched a new film about one of (certainly Europe's) most iconic roadraces - the Isle of Man TT. The film is called "Closer to the Edge" and follows mad-rider and all-round top-bloke Guy Martin: more podiums than any other non-winner.
It captures the spirit of the TT; what makes them do it; and manages to capture the visceral nature of riding at 170mph between stone walls on country lanes.
Best biking film I have seen in a long while.
There is a website for the film TT3DMovie.com apparently - haven't checked it out yet
You guys in US know about the TT?
:bike:

Oh yes its fast n tight great stuff

Oh ya!! Probably my most romanticized race. My wife and I are going to the UK next spring and visiting there is on my list. I would love to actually be there for the TT.
I've heard about that film and hope I can find it here.

Ah ha, found it on Amazon for $8.00....bought it.

Way to go 'bill!
If you make it to the TT you'll be doing better than me. I've been promising myself for years and although I have been to the island, still haven't made it over for the race. You know they have a day called 'Mad Sunday' when they don't actually close the roads as they do for the official races, but car drivers are advised not to venture out. Any fool with two wheels can then hit the circuit and wring their bike's neck - no speed limits, no cops, no brain cells! Not surprisingly there are always one or two unfortunate souls who never use their return ferry ticket. Expect to pay top dollar for the ferry ride over to the island as well during TT week.
Let me know what you think of the film

Have watched V Four Victory many times and still can't understand much of what Joey Dunlop says. New film to buy with new star. I understand Guy Martin is a special piece of work.

If its any consolation willyguzzi, most people I know couldn't understand a word J Dunlop ever said! What a top rider.
Road racers are a particular breed: come off doing 150 at Laguna Seca and you'll probably have a sore head; come off at Craeg-ny-baa doing those speeds and you'll be eating someone's garden wall.

When you watch the video clips of the TT it just boggles the mind that those guys are doing that around the whole circuit. Not just a dozen corners or so. Special riders, that's for sure.

Being 6" from those stone curbs at 100 MPH would spook me the worst. I'd still love to be there in person.

Great video!! My personal dream as well is to someday make it there. Crazy fast and I love it when they interview those guys like Joey Dunlop.....your right, can't hardly understand every third or fourth word.

Oh ya!! Probably my most romanticized race. My wife and I are going to the UK next spring and visiting there is on my list. I would love to actually be there for the TT.
I've heard about that film and hope I can find it here.

Ah ha, found it on Amazon for $8.00....bought it.

You found "Closer to the Edge" for $8? I can't find it in the US at any price, can you help with a link?

Thanks,

John

That's not $8, which is fine, I don't mind retail price. The trouble is those are regional coded. I could play it on my computer, but want to play it on my 3D TV. :)

John

Back