It followed me home, I swear.

That was excellent! Boy that reminded my of why I used to have so many motorcycle magazine subscriptions in the 70’s and 80’s! Road tests and comparisons used to be so thorough and comprehensive, I used to love reading those articles.
The multi bike shoot outs, motorcycle of the year comparisons, the racing coverage, the editorials……all of it.

I dropped all my subscriptions about 10 years ago, they were nothing but empty fluff. Big glossy photos with maybe a paragraph to go with it. They dumbed them down.
I absolutely agree. I had quite the magazine archive at one time but gave it up last time we moved, about 17 years ago.

First shop - $375 to bore both cylinders!

Second shop $270 - still ouch!

Unless I’m shipping that’s all I got for options.

Went with second shop. Pistons are on order. Cruzininage said it should be a few days.

Machine shop quoted 3 day turn around.

In the meantime, tank is soaking in evaporust. - I’ll give it a day and check what’s going on inside.

Not the clearest of pictures but my friends Rebel in the background. My 73 XS2 in front.
He bought the rebel in 69/70 still has it.

Attachments

• IMG_0690.jpeg
    IMG_0690.jpeg
    347.8 KB · Views: 21
Not the clearest of pictures but my friends Rebel in the background. My 73 XS2 in front.
He bought the rebel in 69/70 still has it.

That’s pretty awesome. Based off the chrome headlight ears and no fork gators… 70.

Very cool he still has it.

I feel there are very few things left that are made today that are worth keeping 50+ years.

Well I’m gonna go ahead and call the tank clear of sealer and rust free.

IMG_8313.jpeg
IMG_8316.jpeg

And why not coat the oil tank with a bad sealer job too!!!!

IMG_8319.jpeg

Ugh!! Haha.

Gonna have to figure out a couple plugs to do the top half but I got the bottom half soaking in acetone.

Carbs are apart and getting the spa treatment.

IMG_8273.jpeg

Hopefully get the wheels off and go through the brakes later today if life gives me time.

Back