It is that time of year again. HO HO HO

weekendrider

Iron Horse cowboy
Top Contributor
Reaction score
Thought we might have some picture posts of Toys for Tots rides.
I attended two locally. The Dallas County ride ( a whopping 2.7 miles) which is really more of a parade than a ride? A little chilly at 44 degrees but I wouldn't miss it.
This is a BIG thing for a small town (pop. 3400) and I get tickled watching the kids watch the bikes go by.
Some put a little more effort into getting the bike ready.

full

The second and last for the season is Springfield's. Always a big showing and this year was no different. Oh maybe a little different. It was announced the ride would be cancelled. The police dept. said insurance costs were too high for them to provide traffic control. I went anyway and wasn't the only lonely to say fuck you bureaucrats. It ain't bout you it's about the kids.

full

If you would like to do something but don't like the crowds at the charity rides.
There is a segment that is truly forgotten. I know I know, we hear everyday that we have forgot the vets, the homeless, disabled and disadvantaged.
Folks you want to see someone forgotten and dismissed. Visit a aged / nursing home.
For less than a fast food meal you could give a lap blanket/ non-slip socks/ package of hard candy. A little something to go with your warm handshake and hearty HO HO HO.
Besides they like bikes!

A Merry season to those who celebrate it and good new year to all.

Hats off to you Wer.

Shame people don't think or do as much for the other 364 days

Compliments of the season.

Back