It took a lil while!

Iamxsive

XS650 New Member
Reaction score
HI guys, In 1981 I walked into my local dealer to buy an xs650 special. I didn't...the new lines, shaft drive, anti dive front end extra HP of the xj750 stole my mind....but not my heart. Fast forward 42 years and I picked up a cardinal red 1981 650 special 2 I believe it to be. She aint perfect....but she's 100% complete and a good runner...failing a slight miss. 46,000 KLM. I hope to learn lots here and even contribute what little I can. Thank you guys.

Hi, lamxsive, welcome to the forum. That's a great story - better late than never! You have certainly come to the right place to learn. Post plenty of pictures, see ya around, Raymond

HI guys, In 1981 I walked into my local dealer to buy an xs650 special. I didn't...the new lines, shaft drive, anti dive front end extra HP of the xj750 stole my mind....but not my heart. Fast forward 42 years and I picked up a cardinal red 1981 650 special 2 I believe it to be. She aint perfect....but she's 100% complete and a good runner...failing a slight miss. 46,000 KLM. I hope to learn lots here and even contribute what little I can. Thank you guys.
A welcome from Wales too!
Keep us informed on your progress with the bike.
And as @Raymond said; lots of piccies of the machine, we like piccies!

Last edited:
Welcome back? to the world of XS!
ttwwp.gif

Welcome from the swamp.

Back