It's all over

Last week the trucks were out spraying brine on the 401 and secondary bridge tops, so it's over for a while. Last couple winters I would take the VStrom out on clear days, but even when it's dry, the salt still goes after it, had to replace rear brake line banjo this year (and switched to stainless lines), so I guess I'll leave it inside till March.

man you guys are lucky, they haven't sprayed anything here. It is' the coldest city in canada... at least I think. I have yet to change to winter tires, it's quite scary out there slipping and sliding in a 97 honda

In central Canada, the folklore is that salt is not used out west as it is too cold for it to work.

they use salt and sand, then march comes along and tons of that crap is out still. Sometimes until june.

June eh?
you lucky bastards! Saskatoon's sweeper trucks are barely finished street cleanup by fall's first snowstorm.
And while salt per se don't work much below -4ºC adding salt to the mix does work to stop the grit freezing into a big chunk while it's still in the spreader truck.

And oil polluted gulf and oxygen starved water, if the fish survive they ant worth eating.....................Now Far North Queensland...............................

We've had snow, but it wasn't sticking until recently. Riding season barely happened for me this year, work consumed my life. Really hoping to have a better riding year next year. In all reality I feel blessed to have shop time.

We got bombed big time over night, about 2 feet and still coming down at the rate of a few inches an hour. Supposed to keep up for at least the next couple days and they say we may get over 6 feet by the time it's done. I guess I'm done riding for a bit, lol. But I do keep the 650 ready in case it warms up some and the roads clear.

Carbon you would really enjoy what you got if you would go help 5twins shovel his drive.

June eh?
you lucky bastards! Saskatoon's sweeper trucks are barely finished street cleanup by fall's first snowstorm.
And while salt per se don't work much below -4ºC adding salt to the mix does work to stop the grit freezing into a big chunk while it's still in the spreader truck.

we got it bad

You need to move to the west coast. We have twisty roads and you can ride year round (if you don't mind a little rain).
Lived in that other Vancouver about 300 miles north of you for 8 years. I know what a little rain is, have you ever seen a little fog?

Bigfeet that's not rust on those people that's moss.

Back