It's been a long time since i rock a roll

Polios

XS650 Member
Reaction score
Since i get my xs650 http://www.xs650.com/forum/showthread.php?p=391385#post391385 I was thinking what i will do with my new babe but first i had some problems to sold , fuel or ignition probs , charging probs a.t.c soooo let the party begging !!!!
IMAG4243.jpg
IMAG4235.jpg
IMAG4236.jpg
First disassembly the carbs, bufff what a mess beside the holes on the carb diaphragms the dirt and the totally fucktup jets, i had one broken float leg :doh: after a lot off cleaning cleaning situation .... i had to decide what to do , tig welding or not?:umm: after a few minutes a decide to take a small risk and use cold weld first (it's a two compound clue for metals a.t.c used before and worked perfect) let see what will happen ...
IMAG4241.jpg
Off course i will do a full rebuild off them new everything!! The only way to feel safe after what i saw :D
After that vacuum petcocks time! Ok i thing I know that you have hear the same think again but for sure i 'am the man who take the virginity both off them :laugh::laugh:
sooo i rebuild them fully and a make this
IMAG4249.jpg
In to this
IMAG4250.jpg
Very important the right bag to avoid wife curiosity problems :laugh::laugh:
IMAG4253.jpg
For the electric probs that i had, (charging, burning fuse , a.t.c) i must build a new main wiring harness and a new fuse box , an old battery liquid leak has destroyed the half fuse box and some wires was totally :hump:
And now the fun part , starting the design , I don't want to cut the frame it's to dammmm difficult to find another here so I'm not discuss about it , let's build a cafe racer ! Some polyurethane foam for base to build a new carbon tail, an xs1 tank and an old zundap 1968 nickel headlamp that my grandfather had it in a box new ! Let's put it all together for a pick ......
IMAG4239.jpg
hmmm the handlebars is not exactly what i want ...... ok some fast welding work.. And voilà a diverse handlebar and a headlamp base to....
IMAG4244.jpg
IMAG4245.jpg
IMAG4247.jpg
IMAG4248.jpg
I now i put the fork the wrong way :D and off course the welding is not the final put like idea do you like it??

Really like the headlight!
Hope the carb post repair survives being soaked in gasoline.

I hope that to !!! lakeview but the tig welding was very difficult on that point and i don't have a second carb body to be more safe :shrug: The headlight was my litle prety babe all those years and now it's time to put it on the right bike!:bike: but i think the base on the handlbars is not so nice idea , that's why i was asking opinions , maybe the standar base on the billet triple is better idea to customize a base for the headlight ....:shrug:

Back