I've got good news today

72XS2

XS650 Addict
XS650.com Supporter
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I receive a call from the hospital this morning. I've been waiting for this call since two years now. Tuesday, I will be at the hospital for a surgery. To keep things simple, I have an overweight problem and I need this surgery to help me to lose weight. Sorry if I don't explain it too much, I don't know how to explain it in english. I'm not sure if I already said that here but I don't have my driver license for a bike. I wanted to wait after this surgery to have it. Anyway, I didn't feel right to ride a bike with this "problem". This is will be a little gift to myself :).

If everything goes well, I will be able to ride a bike soon.

I wish you well with your operation. As an added bonus, your surgery has the potential to increase your bike's power to weight ratio. Sounds like a "win-win" to me. Best of luck to you!

Congrats, on the good news. Guessing the wait was due to approval by the gov't, can't wait for that here!!!

Look forward to you updating us on your weight loss and the benifits of it.

Well, here's the update. I came back from hospital sunday morning. I live about 300 miles from there so it was a long run but everything goes well. Still feel some pain but it's not too bad at all. I have to stay home for three months for recovery. The bad news is that I won't be able to work on my XS for at least two months. I have a beautiful "zipper" on my stomach about 9 inches long on my stomach. Maybe I will post a pic later.

Thanks again for your support.

Glad to hear things went well. I was thinking about you on the way to work this morning. I know a man who had a surgery like yours and he looks great just 6 months later.

Back