JBM Carb Holders

Okie

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
After going thru Mike's XS carb holders, ( cheap crap), I ordered from JBM Ind. They are a little more expensive but worth every penny. Mike's really puts it to you on shipping. JBM is extremely responsive and it ships the next business day, actual shipping, and they email you back right away. Just my 2 cents.
Too bad they don't make more XS products. :thumbsup:

After going thru Mike's XS carb holders, ( cheap crap), I ordered from JBM Ind. They are a little more expensive but worth every penny. Mike's really puts it to you on shipping. JBM is extremely responsive and it ships the next business day, actual shipping, and they email you back right away. Just my 2 cents.
Too bad they don't make more XS products. :thumbsup:

I couldn't agree more. I had Mikesxs carb holders a few years ago, but they were not sized correctly, and leaked air so bad, I went back to my stock OEM, 35 year old carb holders. The OEM ones fit correctly and work 100%.

It says on their website that the angled BS38 holders which are rubber covered, that a gasket may not be needed. Ever have any experience with that? I haven't installed them yet.

I think I remember reading a report or two of them breaking unless the carb / air cleaner arrangement is supported on the other end as well. They should have designed them to fit under the stock metal bracket. That and no vacuum barb just galls me. As of a year or two ago the website reads like you're lucky to have even this. we understand, and we aren't providing any support. You do know your can get stock holders?

xjwmx - the way I read it they are designed to not require support for pods.....but they recommend support for the stock box but go on to say people do run them without said support.

I realize you can get the stock ones - however I believe the JBM to be superior, I was REALLY impressed with them once I had them in my hand.

I also dont get that vibe from the website, maybe it just me (or just you).

okie - I bought the angled BS38 holders....but as I already had gaskets I went ahead and used them. So no real advice on the lack of gasket.

I run them without gaskets and it seems fine, no leaks. Also no support, time will tell I guess... They do seem solid though.

I made do with the motion pro vacuum adapters to operate my petcocks. The throttle side required grinding the spring a bit (the bit that loops back over the tang), but otherwise works well like this.

I figured if they are using them on Mikuni's for ultra-light aircraft, they must be pretty stout. I bought a set of their stainless clamps as well.

Well I take it back, without gaskets there is a leak, well, where the gasket should be. Sprayed WD40 on the holders, and aiming at the mating surface RPMs increased. Fixed it, got rid of some popping on deceleration, now carbs work really well.

Well I take it back, without gaskets there is a leak, well, where the gasket should be. Sprayed WD40 on the holders, and aiming at the mating surface RPMs increased. Fixed it, got rid of some popping on deceleration, now carbs work really well.

Thanks, that's good to know. I'd rather not have to do it twice so I'll use the gaskets. :bike:

Back