JBM industries manifolds and diaphragms

pa23driver

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
so last year i decided to try and tune my bs38's after adding pods and mikes 1.5 inch exhaust with commando mufflers.

i read the carb guide through and through. cleaned, adjusted idle mixture and synched the carbs. took her out for a spin and everything pointed to being too lean, so started going up in mains til i hit 132. still ran like it was lean, pulled the plugs and they looked rich as hell, so back and forth going up in mains then back down, changing needle height and pilot jets. i kept on having the same problem: backfiring thru the carbs on startup, shitty throttle response, and lackluster performance.

this year i decided i was tired of dicking around with her and decided to throw a couple bucks in to the carbs; bought the new manifolds and diaphragms from JBM, along with UNI filters (was running xs performance pods).

my current setup is in my signature. i just took her out for a spin and all i can say is wow! feels like a completely different bike, throttle response is crisp, pulls nicely thru the power band, no back firing on startup. only issue now, and its a small one, is i'm getting some mild back firing thru the pipes on medium to heavy engine breaking and a slight miss in the upper rpms - makes me think its still a lil too lean.

Awesome products JBM puts out. if you're having troubles tuning the carbs and are still running the stock rubber i can't recommend the JBM manifolds and diaphragms enough.

just thought i'd share :bike:

Back