JesseeS Build Thread

Just a small update, my shed is done! My daughter and I spent the morning at Lowe's grabbing some paint for the inside flooring. I picked grey, she picked purple and the bluest blue I've ever seen. We will be painting it tomorrow when I get home from work (I think we all know how it's going to look). Should have all the bikes and parts moved in by Sunday night hopefully, then I can start getting back to work on the bike.

Attachments

• PXL_20240414_130305606.MP.jpg
    PXL_20240414_130305606.MP.jpg
    609.1 KB · Views: 20
Yessir. 200sq ft is the max before having to get a permit pulled. Was going to do 14x14 but didn't want to risk getting to close or getting their attention anymore than I have

Yessir. 200sq ft is the max before having to get a permit pulled. Was going to do 14x14 but didn't want to risk getting to close or getting their attention anymore than I have
Thats cool Jessee, looking forward to the progress on this project. Really good to have you back :thumbsup:

When I was stationed in Fla, I flipped bikes for additional income. 3yrs working out of nothing more than a 12X12 shed like you've just got.
It's tight, but properly organized and it's easily doable.

I got painting to do. You rent your daughter out? :whistle:

When I was stationed in Fla, I flipped bikes for additional income. 3yrs working out of nothing more than a 12X12 shed like you've just got.
It's tight, but properly organized and it's easily doable.

I got painting to do. You rent your daughter out? :whistle:
She works harder than some people I know. just like me she's food motivated. Throw some juice and a snack her way and she's good to go! Just don't expect miracles, as you'll see in an updated post when my shed looks like a Jackson Pollock painting.

Just a small update, my shed is done! My daughter and I spent the morning at Lowe's grabbing some paint for the inside flooring. I picked grey, she picked purple and the bluest blue I've ever seen. We will be painting it tomorrow when I get home from work (I think we all know how it's going to look). Should have all the bikes and parts moved in by Sunday night hopefully, then I can start getting back to work on the bike.
Great looking shed. I wish we could build that big here without permit. We’re only allowed 100 sqft. As long as it doesn’t get cluttered with a lot of other stuff, 200 sqft makes a decent sized shop. When I rearranged my garage last year, I used shelves and milk crates to maximize space utilization.

IMG_9764.jpeg

Lookin good!!!

Nice shed! Can’t wait to see your daughter’s paint job! 😄 Another idea for saving floor space is to hang stuff flat on the walls. Walmart ( and other places ) sell inexpensive adjustable track hangers in a variety of hook sizes and shapes. Also peg board is a favorite of mine, it’s a great way to keep the tools that you are always reaching for, right at hand.
IMG_6567.jpeg

IMG_9425.jpeg
IMG_9626.jpeg

Thanks guys! I appreciate all the ideas for storage space. I'm definitely going to use them. Once I have everything stuffed in there it'll give me a good idea of what Im working with. Along with the "when the hell did I collect all this shit" realization haha

Thanks guys! I appreciate all the ideas for storage space. I'm definitely going to use them. Once I have everything stuffed in there it'll give me a good idea of what Im working with. Along with the "when the hell did I collect all this shit" realization haha
I concur. Putting in a paint booth required cleaning up and deciding what to keep/what to toss. I have 4 identical ballpein hammers, but can't find, you guessed it, a single 10mm socket!

She is growing too fast if you ask me, but, she's also at that age where she wants to "help daddy!" So she helped me put up the lights today, tomorrow will be paint, and then we'll see if we can get her wiring this bike up. Way I see it she can't be any worse at electrical than me. Haha

She is growing too fast if you ask me, but, she's also at that age where she wants to "help daddy!" So she helped me put up the lights today, tomorrow will be paint, and then we'll see if we can get her wiring this bike up. Way I see it she can't be any worse at electrical than me. Haha
brilliant recruit JesseeS; work her butt off whilst the going is good I say.
My Granddaughter was full on 'best buddy' (fishing / cycling / bikes & cooking) see below. Until the age of 14; after which the teenage phase of 'can't be bovvered' became the norm.

IMG_0311.jpeg
IMG_0315.jpeg

Now at 19 she is a fine young woman; but not interested in my hobbies anymore. I'm still the first call when shit happens and she needs help.
The time passes far too quickly.

Last edited:
Back