Jim's Speed Twin Build

Thanks for following up on that Jim. I think if they would sell the frame and engine mounts at a non Rickman price they could sell me 1 and I'm sure a few other folks around here. I think my BBK would go nicely in that.
I sent them a link to the discussion I started here. Leave a comment there Jack and maybe they'll see it and ponder....
Btw.... thanks for the link above. Was pretty easy to find 'em once I saw that.

Yeah... that's pretty much the plan I had in mind. I fab'd the front mount but that's pretty much as far as I got. I've had some new ideas rattlin' around with the other marbles since then. Was actually thinkin' the other day about dustin' it off and seeing how I could make it work on this bike. One thing I don't like about my front mount is it doesn't tie the two down tubes together as rigidly as I'd like. Got an idea for that though.

View attachment 202375

View attachment 202374
Cracking idea, Gromit.
I'd love to give that a whirl, using hockey pucks and other cheap rubber mounts.
Silky smoooothe...
But then again, there's a nice smooth spot in the middle of the rev range right about 60mph which is just about right for the roads around here anyway.

Back