Joplin MO tornado

I don't have family or friends in Joplin, but I have been following the news on CNN and the Weather Channel. You really have to feel sorry for those people who lost everthing including their life or the life of a loved one. Some of those people may never live long enough in their life time to rebuild. My heart goes out to them.

I have family in the St. Louis area, but I work with a guy whose brother's house was destroyed. Happily, he and his wife are unscathed, as they had some advance warning and were able to go outside and then into the cellar. But you have to go outside to access the cellar, so they were really lucky. Everything above the slab is gone.

TC

My brother lives in Pittsburgh, Kansas, about 35-40 minutes away. He loaded up with a crew and they went and helped for the first few days afterward until he was called back to work.
I was born near Joplin and grew up near there and all over that corner of the state. I pray for all those that have lost someone and still have someone missing.

My wife has alot of family down there near joplin in Carthage but it just missed them. The tornado that cams threw St louis was about 5 miles south of my house in Florissant and tore my old neighborhood in riverview apart.

I live about 25 min. south of Joplin. I will be going there this weekend to try and find out how I can help. There was also another tornado about 3 miles north of me and it took out about 30 power poles, and we lost power for three days. To any of you that are waiting for hardtails, I am back up and running and will be shipping starting today. I wish that a power outage was all the people of Joplin had to deal with.

prayers and best wishes for all those People affected by the tornadoes. I spent the night in Joplin enroute from Amarillo to Ohio , to pick up 3 XS's last fall. Floods and Tornadoes back east, drought and fires here in the Texas Panhandle.

Back