Just a I got r running video TX650

gggGary

If not now, When?
Top Contributor
XS650.com Supporter
Reaction score
Bought this from a guy, who bought it from a boneyard, who found it at their gate one morning. It's had just a bit of get it ready to start work since then. This was the first fire on newly overhauled carbs with new brass, throttle shaft seals and the Nesco full of pinesol treatment.

She fires right up on the electric leg! Electrical TLC? Wish mine would start that easy, but I realize I have a few things to do! Like your test tank.

I have to confess; the Electrical work so far involved charging the battery that was in it and making sure the brushes were long enough. That's it. I haven't even opened the points cover yet. The horn doesn't work, so maybe I'll have to give up on finishing it.....

About every bike through my shop get's first fire and often the first trip around the block with that tank.

Those case sides look pretty good for having 1 leg in the boneyard. Passing by your exit on my possible last trip to the Northwoods for this season.

When will you be passing through RD? I have a lemon berry shandy in the fridge for you.

Completely bare.

tx 005.jpg

About two hours at 170 degrees.
Got a Nesco at Bethesda for $10.00
A crockpot would be fine for a carb.

I keep a spritz bottle of paint thinner scrub with a tooth brush then q-tips and spray carb cleaner.

txruns 004.jpg

Nice! I love to see em come back to life. Sounds great and looks good. :thumbsup:

Back