Just Had To Post This

halfmile

XS Builder
Top Contributor
XS650.com Supporter
Reaction score
Today on the VFT site.
%21-Hummer.jpg

I n 1967 I was the service manager at a Suzuki, Triumph, Bultaco dealer here in Shitburg. we got a couple of these little 3 speed 125 mixers on trade and the owner just gave them to me and told me to take them home before anybody see`s them. I finally got one to run. It was a great source of laughter around the shop. Wish I still had them.:shrug:

In 1967 I was the service manager at a Suzuki, Triumph, Bultaco dealer here in Shitburg. We got a couple of these little 3 speed 125 mixers on trade and the owner just gave them to me and told me to take them home before anybody see`s them. I finally got one to run. It was a great source of laughter around the shop. Wish I still had them.:shrug:

....and look close and you will note that it even has an oooohgahhhh horn mounted on the handlebar for Jim's wife to....you know....squeeze...!!

All seriousness aside, its hard to imagine that the marketing department for such a big, manly, rootin'-tootin' 'merican company like Hogly Ferguson could come up with such an obviously........shall we just charitably leave it at "unsuitable" .....name for a motorcycle.

Clearly, somebody in the marketing department must have been a member, or at least a relative, of the ownership family to have gotten that one past the management group.

Last edited:
I guess that is better that Chevy did when they decided to try selling the little Chevy Nova south of the border. For anyone who doesn't speak even a little Spanish No va translates to "Not going"!

Back