Just ordered some parts!

XSJoel

XS650 Junkie
Reaction score
So I bought my bike about a year ago:

1981 Yamaha XS650 Special by goldengram_1999, on Flickr

from the original owner who bought it in 1981. It needed the carbs cleaned, and once we got that done I realized that it wasn't charging right thanks to Curly's troubleshooting guide. I didn't have the spare change to do the PMA swap and the Pamco like I wanted so the bike sat. I then moved and am finally set up and have some extra cash. I ran across a charity auction on another forum geared towards choppers and found they had a Hughs PMA kit up for auction. I was able to snag for $300 and went over to Mikes and all the Pamcos for an 81 were sold out except the ultimate. Bit the damn bullet and ordered it. So next weekend should be pretty exciting. Haven't even put 200 miles on the bike since I bought it. :(

Cool, keep us posted on the progress . I see your from Long Beach MS I Lived in Gulfport MS in 1969 and really liked it.

Glad you got to snag up the PMA swap for Justin's Auction. 100% of the proceeds are going to his family, with all the parts in the auction being donated.

@XS771: I will definitely keep yall posted. Once I start making real changes I will make a build thread. Gonna be a brat in a while. I moved back here for family, I personally am not a big fan of the area.

@Hugh: Yeah, I spent all the money I had over there. Would have bought more stuff if I had the funds. The real heros of the auction are not the buyers, but the donaters. Big up to you and everyone else who donated man.

Back