just picked up a 79 xs650

New brushes are in and its charging great. Bars will be here on Monday. I'll post some pics after I mount them.

So today on a service call at work I was talking with a guy about 650s. He said he had on and sold it a few years ago. I showed him a pic of mine and it turns out it was his old bike. He showed my pics of it when he found it sitting in a shed. He was proud of all his work and he said he stuck a mint into it. New fenders and had the tins repainted and the ugly seat he made himself. The only reason he sold it because he was 75 and it was hard to ride long. When I get my seat back from the shop I will take it out there. He said he was glad to know it wasn't it the trash.

Very cool. To find a PO and they turn out ok.
Take some time to talk to him. I'll bet he has lots of stories to tell.
Learning what he knows about the bike will be fun.
Leo

Well I finally got my seat back from the shop. It looks good and he only charged my $65. I went for the first ride it was maybe 5 mins had to take my son to little league. Man it felt good to get out I'll go for a longer ride tomorrow. I just need to decide what to do for turn signals. And maybe some different exhaust the 2-1 mac with no baffle sounds like poop. And with the baffle way to quiet. I'll post some pics tomorrow.

Back