Just saying hello

AWFaneuf

XS650 New Member
Reaction score
My name is Adam I'm new here, just bought my first Yamaha it's a clean 1979 xs650 Special with 14,000 original miles. I was born in 79 so I really wanted a bike the same age as myself. I have big plans on building it into something similar to those built by Gravel Crew in Japan. Hope you are all well.

My name is Adam I'm new here, just bought my first Yamaha it's a clean 1979 xs650 Special with 14,000 original miles. I was born in 79 so I really wanted a bike the same age as myself. I have big plans on building it into something similar to those built by Gravel Crew in Japan. Hope you are all well.
Correction it's my first xs650 I had an 85 maxim 650. It was a very reliable bike

Welcome to the show
Now if I had the same wish as yours it would be a 56 Yamaha and it might be a little harder to come by

Hi @AWFaneuf welcome to the madhouse. You mean something like this? Cheers, Raymond

gravelcrew.jpg

Getting that look requires cutting the frame and adding a brat tail. If you have a beautiful stock bike think long and hard. There’s plenty of candidates for cutting up out there without messing with something that’s getting harder to find.just my :twocents:

I agree Raymond, I've been looking and found some more worthy candidates think I'm gonna keep this one relatively in as close to stock while still giving it a little bit of personality. I may lower it,change the gauges, handlebars and seat, nothing that couldn't be returned to original. Once I get going I'll post some before during and after pics

Back