Just wanted to post a progress photo

Odd enough random fact. I drive a Mack concrete pump and the headlight out of one of those subs in perfectly. Lol. They have an HID version if you are so inclined and not afraid to drop a good dime. May help with the night driving legal thing
Ha-ha that must put out some good light. I looked at a few units that would fit the bill, although I have a hard time stomaching the price ($200-600). That's a lot of other modifications that could be done. At the same time, I think if my girlfriend ever saw the bill for just that headlight I might actually be killed.

Hi JesseeS,
nah, more likely you'd get a demand for an equity of expense. You can buy several pairs of shoes for that amount of money.

Hi JesseeS,
nah, more likely you'd get a demand for an equity of expense. You can buy several pairs of shoes for that amount of money.
This is very true ha-ha. She already gave me crap about the better windjammer I picked up (cheap. But she hates it) so I'm trying to win her back slowly. Christmas will be good to her haha

Just a quick update. Got some more tid bits in and started getting everything together. Although my heart was broken when I filled the tank with gas and discovered two pinholes have been rusted through and now leaks. I am forced to use my special tank for now. This was my father's bike and the tank has always been symbolic for me. Is there any way to maybe douche out the whole tank (there's sealer in there) and tack the pin hole welds, or am I better off just keeping it as a center piece. Any advice would be awesome. Here's a recent pic.
10y2t81.jpg

You may have a radiator repair shop in your area that can seal up your tank by soldering or brazing. Generally they have good prices and are experts at sealing things.

Scott

Agreed - they'll likely want you to fill the tank with water - or at least rinse it out at their shop before they're weld it.

Got the exhaust finished up, just need to make mounting brackets for them. Test wired the bike and it fired right up. A lot of finishing touches to do but she runs!

Just a quick update. Got some more tid bits in and started getting everything together. Although my heart was broken when I filled the tank with gas and discovered two pinholes have been rusted through and now leaks. I am forced to use my special tank for now. This was my father's bike and the tank has always been symbolic for me. Is there any way to maybe douche out the whole tank (there's sealer in there) and tack the pin hole welds, or am I better off just keeping it as a center piece. Any advice would be awesome. Here's a recent pic.
10y2t81.jpg
Hi JesseeS,
FWIW a tank pinhole leak can be sealed with soft solder without boiling it clean so long as you use a soldering iron, NOT any kind of torch.
Of course it's better to remove the defective tank liner with an acetone/MEK soak, steam clean it and seal the pinholes using low temperature brazing.
Better yet that you pay the experts to do that for you.

Yup - shouldn't mess around with 15 litres of gasoline sitting above a hot engine....especially when it's situated so close to your boys.

Back