Key switch wiring help - Hugh's CDI kit

650gts

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Finishing up my wiring finally and could use a little help.
I have a kickstart only bobber running Hugh's Handbuilt CDI system. Take a look at the pic I attached of the standard switch I'm using.
Need to know what goes where. Thanks!
IMG_2313.JPG

B is for power from battery. "I"usually for ignition circuit - not used with CDI. S for starter engage (N/A on yours). C for electric choke (N/A). M for ground (two posts) and can be used to ground CDI for kill. Lastly, A for accessory, which would be switched power for all you loads (lights, horn circuit)

B is for power from battery. "I"usually for ignition circuit - not used with CDI. S for starter engage (N/A on yours). C for electric choke (N/A). M for ground (two posts) and can be used to ground CDI for kill. Lastly, A for accessory, which would be switched power for all you loads (lights, horn circuit)
Thanks. I'm not using a battery, but a capacitor. So I'm guessing that goes to the "B" post?
Also, I already have the kill switch grounded. Do I need to ground both M posts?

Yes on the capacitor (Not a fan personally). If you also use M's for kill, it's additional theft protection as ignition will not fire with key off/out.

Back