keys.

wheelsrus

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
are there any other people the makes keys, the main man in Pa. can't make mine he has no blanks. this is for a 69 yam AT-1, but i will need some extras for my 650's. hope it's not an issue to ask on this site for other Yamahas. thanks

There should be a number stamped on the face of the ignition switch next to the key slot. If your current key is the original, it should have a matching number stamped on it .....

Joes3254-3.jpg

If your key is a Yamaha one but the number doesn't match the one on the lock, it is most likely a Yamaha blank that was made up for your lock sometime in the past. To find which Yamaha blank your lock takes, you can look the lock number up in this chart .....

M80-031KeyInfo2.jpg

Once you know the blank number, you may get lucky and find one on eBay. Or you can Google it and probably find an aftermarket blank for it. Aftermarket blanks are much cheaper than Yamaha ones. Yamaha blanks have gotten quite expensive over the last few years. I know this will work for your 650 as I've found aftermarket blanks for all mine. I'm not so sure about the '69 AT-1 though, I've never tried to find one for a bike that old.

i do have the key/lock numbers but the person i talked to did not have the blank but i will keep digging. thanks for the chart it will be helpful

Back