Wanted - King queen seat swingarm style

Pmchop

XS650 Member
Reaction score
New to forum . Have a 78 spec I'm redoing my way. Am on search for swingarm king queen seat . Even if it's not for this certain year I can make it work .
Also swingarm sissy bar.
Let me know what you have avail.

1642782014872.png

Do you want a chopper seat or for stock bike?

I have a very nice stock XS650 special king queen seat and the sissy bar I will check but it should be bolt on to your 78

I'm interested in the seat, but for my 79 XS 750 Special Triple. If the seat pan for this 650 doesn't match up, I think I can reset it on my current seat pan. Let me know what you need for it. Many thanks!

was this already sold? Curious because I've been on a hunt for one of these, and I'm very interested unless it was bought or the other gentleman reserved it of course. I do have an '81 special with a double latch pop-off seat, but after skimming a thread about seat compatibility I think I can make it work with spacers or willpower.

It's still here!

Patiently waiting for it's new forever home.... I have extra sets of the liftoff hardware if that helps, and mebbie a thissy bar. I have a factory bar but would have to check compatibility with the later special.

Patiently waiting for it's new forever home.... I have extra sets of the liftoff hardware if that helps, and mebbie a thissy bar. I have a factory bar but would have to check compatibility with the later special.
Perfect! It is in great condition and I feel like you may be the one to stop my hunt. Liftoff hardware sounds amazing too, I wont even have to jury rig a seat mount. I might have lined up a sissy bar already, so I may hold off on that part of the offer but otherwise, I'm absolutely interested in providing that forever home. :)

OK so this won't be a 5 minute bolt on.
Seat fits pretty good but the whole mounts thing.... remove, swap, weld, fit, refit weld, refit.
The thissy will mount the SAME PLACE as the aluminum factory grab bar. SO you can't have both, that leaves you trying to mount a tail light.
I'm a bit weird but the last time around I pissed off a guy that wanted to stick this seat on XS750 special wasn't interested in sending it to him cuz well....

KIMG2062.JPG
KIMG2065.JPG

I think they changed from hinge to lift off seat removal in 1980 so It looks like this is what the op is looking for. Idk how the siss bar would be incorporated but the seat looks just right for what op asked.

This seat is hinged, Eastwood needs "struggle" to lift off mounting LOL

Last edited:
I think they changed from hinge to lift off seat removal in 1980 so It looks like this is what the op is looking for. Idk how the siss bar would be incorporated but the seat looks just right for what op asked.
You are right it is was exactly what the OP wanted but he's long gone. Eastwood is asking about it now, he needs a "lift off" style king queen, not sure if Yamahaha ever offered that.

OK so this won't be a 5 minute bolt on.
Seat fits pretty good but the whole mounts thing.... remove, swap, weld, fit, refit weld, refit.
The thissy will mount the SAME PLACE as the aluminum factory grab bar. SO you can't have both, that leaves you trying to mount a tail light.
I'm a bit weird but the last time around I pissed off a guy that wanted to stick this seat on XS750 special wasn't interested in sending it to him cuz well....

View attachment 223919View attachment 223920
Still sounds good to me, I need a little project anyway. Now when you say it fits pretty well how good are we talkin? I have heard that they shift around and the bumpers don't set right but nothin a little labor can't fix. Though I may be tempted to make a few sketchy rides if it's on good enough to be considered secure. Otherwise, I can do without the rear grab bar, It'll clean up the look and I've been lookin up some cat eye tail light/plate mounts on Mike's XS.

You are right it is was exactly what the OP wanted but he's long gone. Eastwood is asking about it now, he needs a "lift off" style king queen, not sure if Yamahaha ever offered that.
I'm not sure if this is a custom job with the top foam grafted onto a different seat pan, but I did find this picture from forever ago.

Back