King Sportster Tank

XS Man 2727

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
does anyone run a King sportster tank that holds over 3 gallons of gas ? if anyone has any pics of one a hard tail xs that would be great. i see a lot of people w the smaller one.. wondering if there is a big difference in the looks.. i know there is a 2 inch difference between the two but just curious to see what it looks like on the bike not just in a pic from a catolog.. thanks again..

not my bike
xs650-chop-noid-P1010007-587x440.jpg

Last edited:
thanks guy i like em, did you guys have to mount your tanks by drilling the frame and attach it with a bolt and some rubber for vibrations ?

Here's mine; I put a mounting tab on back and ran a sleeve through the neck gusset. For sale if you want it, comes with 2" frisco style 1/4" petcocks and a sight tube.

6208427632_5a879a345c_b.jpg

does anyone know how much tank sealer would take for a king sportster tank ? will a half pint be enough or should i get two half pints ? thanks again

Blackbetty, do you have a side shot of that tank on the bike. I see in the other pics it looks the tank ends up behind the center post and it looks yours doesn't.

Thanks for posting that pic Badassjamie. I've been wanting to get a sporty tank but have been concerned about the fuel capacity. I plan to make some long trips this summer and need the extra fuel. I think the king tank will work for me. Thanks.

I have seen king tanks on sportsters they look awkward if done in Frisco. With a tunnel low slung it is not too bad.

Kings are longer so there can be backbone clearance issues.
xs650+bobber2.jpg

Last edited:
Back