Lack of XS's at Port Dover

buffaloborn

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
This weekend I headed up to Pt. Dover Ontario for their Friday the 13th rally. I walked around on Thursday night, and Friday all day and couldn't find a single other XS650. Tons of Maxim's, a Radian and a bunch of other Yammies, but no XS's. Maybe it's a lack of them in Canada? I figured I'd see at least one. Tons of your typical V-twins. I had a great time regardless. Did anyone else head up there?

The funny thing is, I bought a shirt that says Beers Bikes and Babes, Port Dover Ontario as a gag for my dad with a rather busty chick on it, draped over what's obviously an XS650 bobber.

Yes, its a shame there weren't more XS650's down at Port Dover. When I lived in Ontario I remember the large bike gatherings there.

Maybe the chopper and bobber guys have cut up all the XS650's:shrug:

I go to bike nights here in Calgary, and usually don't see another XS. However,I did see 2 other XS650's at a bike night in Airdrie (Calgary suburb) last year.

I know off 3 others that are running and maybe another 3 that are in pieces.

Too far of a ride for me... (West coast)... but the chopper isnt finished yet anyways.. quite some money away (err time away) from getting done. I do want to attend a bunch of meets though once its complete.

There really isnt that many xs's on the road anyways. The internet just makes it seem that way. Here in denver, I have yet to ever meet another xs650 on the road in the past 4 years. I spotted one in a parking lot once.

The biggest bike blessing in our area is coming up next weekend. I usually see a few other 650s there besides mine. Most are clapped out Specials or real rat choppers/bobbers. The owners are usually young guys and these are probably their 1st bikes. I usually don't see the same bike again the following year. I figure they either just crap out or the guy moved on to something different.

Back