LED Flasher unit swap-a-roo?

hey everyone I know this is late but for anyone wondering you can use part # EL-12-1 from NAPA auto parts. I know this because I work there and I used it with my 80 xs650 and it works like a champ with my new LED turn signals. self cancel wont work with this set up but who cares

Thanks for the information on the EL-12 . I have on my 80 works great on regular bulbs. Now I know it will work with LED. Thanks. Where in Maryland? I lived around Sykesville.

scabber its has to be the el-12-1. The dash one means it has a ground lead that comes off it which I hooked on the one of the valve cover nuts. The regular EL-12 therefore will not work properly. I have no idea why the ground makes it work. Also I tried to use the EL-13-1 which is the three prong but it wouldn't work

To bring this back from the dead. Can confirm that the 2 prong flasher relay works really well on an 82 and I am working on the diodes for the instrument cluster light. Thank you for everyone's hard work on this and making it easy for me.

Back