Left Blinker has died.

Ghetto

Bob it!
Reaction score
Bike is an 81. I have right side signals. Left side signal there is no juice coming from the green wire that comes from the left handlebar switch. Any ideas? I have come up with nothing. I have deleted my reserve lighting unit as well as the safety relay and did all the proper jumping of wires. It was working and is now not. Can anyone clue me in as to where to look in the harness for the power source of the left blinker? Been looking at diagrams all day and cannot seem to find one for either turn signal.

Thanks in advance!

...there is no juice coming from the green wire that comes from the left handlebar switch. Any ideas?

Could you have answered your own question? :shrug: If one side works, that means power is getting through the flasher relay and to the switch. If the other side doesn't work, and there's no juice at the switch, then I'd start out by looking hard at the switch itself.

First thing I did was swap out the switch for one I know works. Bingo. Switch was bad. Thought I might have cut the wire out of the harness all day today, glad it's something easy.

Back