left carb floods...????

JAGUARGOD

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
Hi guys , been away awhile..had some medical issues. tried to start my bobber and the left carb flooded soon as I opened petcock. Ordered received and installed new Yamaha needle valves. Opened the petcock and got same result. Not leaking from fuel line when disconnected and petcock closed. Am I missing something really obvious???

Thanks for any help...Kev.

scabber , I pass your home every weekda. I look at your dumptruck as i go by. I work at the Ford dealer near you . 7 am to 4 pm. Kev.

Leaving a bike sitting for a couple of months, the fuel can go bad, leave deposits and cause exactly the problem you have as the float needle doesnt close. I know, i had it happen. Usually taking it apart and giving it a clean fixes it though. Checked the float doesnt have a pin hole? Perhaps a bad float seat or o-ring leak...

Yep...cleaned as best I could and still same prob....looking for floats today. The float didnt feel heavy , but worth a try...Kev.

Thanks littlebill....did that and seems to have corrected the prob. Put on a asset of "yo mama" pipes from Pandemoneum. Looks good and sounds great. Need to wrap them now. Hey where ya been......??? call or something will ya.....Kev.

Back