Wanted - Left Lower Side Cover - '83 Heritage Special

Wharfcreek

Near 50 Yrs of Experience
Reaction score
Just re-acquired an '83 Heritage Special I used to own. It's now missing the left side lower cover (below the usual side cover). If anyone has one available, PLEASE let me know.....and many thanks!! Tom D. 410-925-7213

Bump! Still in need of the cover. Wondering if this cover has an actual 'name'..... like 'accessory side cover', or 'small side cover', or 'lower side cover'...... Anyway...just to confirm, this is NOT an engine cover....but the smaller 'black' plastic cover that's under the main side cover under the seat area. I'm not sure if this cover was on any other models of XS beyond the '82 and '83 'Specials'. But, again, any help with finding one would be GREATLY appreciated. And, thanks Brett for giving it a try..... Tom D.

3 hours and 33 minutes to be exact! I just don't know if I can bring myself to push the button on over $50 worth of cost with about $10 worth of value! I guess it's all about what the market will bare. I see it's already got one bid at $39, plus shipping (to me) is listed as $16. I guess the current bidder is 'employed'.....or independently wealthy! I'm not! To me, that's just a bit 'rich' for that part. But, if I were doing a really pristine restoration, I'd probably bid on it. However, all I'm trying to do is fill the void in that space. I can probably fabricate something that will look 'almost' original.....and do it for the cost of some satin-black spray paint......if worst comes to worse. But, I'd still like an original if possible....and if 'reasonable'. So, my quest continues. BTW, thanks for the reference. I gotta ask...... do you think that $40 is 'reasonable'..... Tom D.

Weekend,

I'm on that auction......but again, thinking the price will probably shoot up to the 'unreasonable' point in the final seconds. But, I'll be giving it a try. Thanks for the reference. I'll keep looking.........and hopefully I'll find one within my budget. WC

I have a feeling the competition for buying one of those side covers off ebay will be too fierce for my wallet. Given the last post by 'BBB', I see why it seems the left side is so difficult to find. Must be something in the design of the bike that causes that lower left panel so simply fall off more frequently. In any event, I think my answer for all this is going to be to simply make something that 'screws' into place. Not sure what the material will be yet.....I'm thinking perhaps a piece of sheet aluminum, and then paint it flat black. But, it's a project for next spring as the bike is now in the trailer for winter storage. If I get lucky and find an OE cover I can afford to buy, I definitely will. But, I think this is a quest I should abandon for more productive goals elsewhere. WC

Back