Wanted - Left side cover 78 standard

grepper

fiddle futzer
Reaction score
While moving my bike around this last weekend I dented and scratched my left side cover on my 78 xs650 standard.
full

I'm looking for a replacement, I believe 75-79 standard covers are all the same. They are metal, no holes, with a contour following the decal in the picture.

Color doesn't matter, I'll have to buy a new (650) decal and have the guy who painted my tins repaint it. I don't need that latching knob as mine is OK.

I see them on eBay for about $30 shipped, but hoping I can do better here from one of you chopper guys who didn't us them on their build.

Thanks DogBunny, bummer that you didn't have a left in good shape, wish we could have done some business. Oh Well..

Still Looking.

I have a set in black that's in good shape. No dents. Came off my 77. I would only sell as a set though. Currently traveling but will be back home on saturday

Hey Gary, finally got this finished.
IMG_20150510_170154446_zpsh7pcuioz.jpg

Top is the dented cover. Hard to see from the pic, but it goes the ribbed outline. Would have been impossible to fix 100%.

Thanks again.
My list of bikes I want is very long. When I'm done with my wife's cb750, I'd like to restore an old two stroke, either an RD or gt750/gt550.

Back