Greetings from denmark
this is my xs650 from 75 still in the making
needs headlight, taillight, licenseplate mount and a trip to the saddle smith.

Godt at se nogen danske cykler herinde :)

Nice work Kazoom!! Looks like you got Hughs clutch.. Have you also got the PMA? I've just ordered it :)

Lasse from Copenhagen :)

I will have a chance to finish 3 sets of side cover emblems in about 2 weeks, but the tank emblems I am looking to improve upon. They need way to much hand work after the molding process, wish I could find a cost effective way to put chrome or a good substitute directly on plastic. Which gas tank are you running, the Standard or the Special?

Am retiring (again) at the end of this month, spare time was in short supply this summer. I will keep you (and the forum) updated as to the status of the badges.

resto.

Lester is that a Steib or a Ural sidecar? I don,t recall a basket on a Steib although that could be aftermarket.

^^^^ lovely! The bit of striping on the Dnepr is a great touch. Great bikes. Is the Dnepr two wheel drive?

bbillington, No the Mt9s where one wheel drive and I wouldn't want two wheel drive unless I had Possie... locking device either since it is a winter bike... yea the pinstiping is nice... Got a nice one one the tank as well.... came with the bike... previous owner was a ustom paint guy.

Lester is that a Steib or a Ural sidecar? I don,t recall a basket on a Steib although that could be aftermarket.

This is a stock sidecar with a home made basket bolted onto it. My bike spent most of its life in Latvia and had lots of "upgrades" AND "repairs" were done to it there. Main reasone why I stuffed a BMW engine in it.... lol
I like the basket though, much handier than a spare wheel......LOL
funny bike and the kids love to ride in it.

Heres my work in progress.... One pic is the day I bought her and the other one is her now. The motor was just completely rebuilt by scott from death row motorcycles including bore and pistons. I know i Want it to be a tracker... and thats about it lol. Currently looking for a good bench style tracker seat..... Motor goes back in this week!

Attachments

• 554260_10151024555104432_352650135_n.jpg
    554260_10151024555104432_352650135_n.jpg
    155 KB · Views: 192
  • 226577_10150200233194432_8015982_n.jpg
    226577_10150200233194432_8015982_n.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 199
Not quite done yet, but hopefully soon. Cycle Service Sales is building this WWii Military Theme XS650 for me.

Attachments

• 149921_467141049235_817474235_5343956_3114558_n.jpg
    149921_467141049235_817474235_5343956_3114558_n.jpg
    122.5 KB · Views: 340
  • photo-14.jpg
    photo-14.jpg
    207.9 KB · Views: 315
I will have a chance to finish 3 sets of side cover emblems in about 2 weeks, but the tank emblems I am looking to improve upon. They need way to much hand work after the molding process, wish I could find a cost effective way to put chrome or a good substitute directly on plastic. Which gas tank are you running, the Standard or the Special?

Am retiring (again) at the end of this month, spare time was in short supply this summer. I will keep you (and the forum) updated as to the status of the badges.

resto.

Here's your chrome on plastic option.

http://www.alsacorp.com/

I'll check 'em out. Most of the spray on products are not very durable, and some won't take a clear coat. Necessary if you need it to be resistant to gas spilled on the tank. I'm going at this with an open mind though. If anyone out there has used a product that fits the bill, share that info with me.

thx

Love it! That vertical twin looks right at home there!
Thanks! My builder deserves a lot of credit & really put a lot of time & effort into this project.
-750 big bore kit
-270 Rephased Camshaft & 270 Rephased Camshaft Crank from Heiden Tuning
-high ratio gear set from Heiden Tuning (to offset the huge sprotor)
-ported heads from Gary Hoos
-5th overdrive gear & tons of other stuff from MikesXS
-ceramic coated internal & external engine parts by Performance Coatings
-tank is heavily modified fat bob tank

It's been over 3 years in the making & still going. This was actually inspired by a combination of WWII Military Motorcycles that I liked. We took styling cues from Harley WLA, Indian 741, and Harley UA & Harley XA. There were elements of all those bikes that I wanted to combine. There was a lot of trial and error & setbacks on this projects. I don't remember where I got the idea of using a parallel twin power plant. It might have been that they were cheap & maybe partially influenced by the use of a Triumph to play a German Military motorcycle in the great escape?

Attachments

• photo-3.jpg
    photo-3.jpg
    210.3 KB · Views: 252
  • photo-15.jpg
    photo-15.jpg
    181.8 KB · Views: 205
  • photo-9.jpg
    photo-9.jpg
    193.5 KB · Views: 250
Funny, A few weeks ago, the idea of a world war 2 based xs popped into my head. Mostly because I could run long ass springs under my seat for comfort, and it still fit with the style.

The bike is beyond stunning, and the work on the fat bob tank is absolutely amazing. You are going to have one hell of a bike once done.

(edited due to drunken, dumb comment)

Last edited:
Funny, A few weeks ago, the idea of a world war 2 based xs popped into my head. Mostly because I could run long ass springs under my seat for comfort, and it still fit with the style.

The bike is beyond stunning, and the work on the fat bob tank is absolutely amazing. You are going to have one hell of a bike once done.

(edited due to drunken, dumb comment)

Thanks for the kind comments. I had 3 major criteria for this build. I wanted these 7" Indian seat springs for the seat, Springer Forks for the front, and the tank to be parallel to the ground. These 7" springs for seat are actually from an Indian 741 WWII Military motorcycle. I was originally looking at getting either a Indian 741 or Harley WLA military motorcycle. I liked the rear seat section of the Indian 741, but preferred the front Springer Forks of the WLA. I guess that's when it occurred to me that I should just have one built with a combination of the two. There was so much trial and error the builder went through to get this project done. I would seriously recommend his services if anyone wanted to try a similar build. The guy is an artist! Check out the ingenious way he attached the crash bars, for a cleaner look. For the WWII Military Star on the tank, I actually purchased Custom Numbered Stencil Set for painting correct markings on a 1942 Harley Davidson WLA Type I-VII. The kicker arm was actually a heavily modified kicker from Heiden Tuning, which we had to change & adapt a lot for it to clear the floorboards.

Last edited:
Tabot what is the seat off of? Also is that a harley tank? I am also building one. Tony C

The seat is a from Vtwin:
Part #47-0128* Cobbler Style
http://www.retrocycle.com/catalogpage.php?page=1205&vtwin_id=51530
The tanks are reproduction Fat Bob tanks that were heavily modified to fit this project.

The Taillights are vintage WLA.
1942-harley-davidson-wla-and-xa-5.jpg

Instead of taking a left & right I decided I want 2 left taillights so they would match, and then my builder reworked the inside with modern electrics so they act as brake lights as well as signal lights.

Attachments

• photo-15.jpg
    photo-15.jpg
    181.8 KB · Views: 172
The seat is a from Vtwin:
Part #47-0128* Cobbler Style
http://www.retrocycle.com/catalogpage.php?page=1205&vtwin_id=51530
The tanks are reproduction Fat Bob tanks that were heavily modified to fit this project.

The Taillights are vintage WLA.
1942-harley-davidson-wla-and-xa-5.jpg

Instead of taking a left & right I decided I want 2 left taillights so they would match, and then my builder reworked the inside with modern electrics so they act as brake lights as well as signal lights.

That looks great. My son has been after me to paint the sidecar outfit in a military theme this winter, Complete with a with a fake 50 cal. that shoots water :D

Back