Here's the 'ol girl when I first brought her home. My youngster, A.J. (age 4) was actually the first to hop on the bike when I got it home. I think we have a future young rider.
650-2.jpg

This next one was the day I first got her to fire. You can pretty much see the grin splitting my face. Not so much because I was excited (ok, yeah, that did have something to do with it) but more so because I was able to breathe some life into an old piece of history.
650-1.jpg

A bit of history is something we should all hold dear-- especially when that bit is a classic motorcycle.

Here's my 75. It is a constant pain in the ass. In a fun spending all my money and wrenching kinda way.

xs.jpg

I welded a sissy bar on it the other day to carry grocerys.

sissy.jpg

full
[/IMG]
my stock 81, been family owned for 28 of 30 years. Going to bratstyle it this fall. Taking the time to stockpile the parts i need first. It is an everyday rider, escept i now need to replace clutch pushrod shaft, bushing and seal. Leaking really bad and have put it off as long as I can, lol.

So - here's my 1974 TX650a. I saw an ad in the local newspaper from a guy who was selling it for $250.00. I'd been looking for a bike for a while and this seemed perfect. Picked it up and brought it home. In 1983 when it was last titled it had 10,542 miles on it, when I got it last week it had 12, 342 miles on it - not bad. I cleaned the carb, checked the fluids, switched out the battery and put a little gas in it and it started right up!

Now I'm trying to put some mufflers on it so that when I drive through my neighborhood I don't wake everyone up! Can't wait to ride it all summer!

bike1.JPG

bike2.JPG

bike3.JPG

That 74 looks great! Be sure to do the basic "new to me" maintenance and checks.
Brake overhaul, sump filter, set cam chain, valves, new float valves. Check charging system, replace brushes.

here is my xs. it is a 71 xs1b with a 750 sheldon thuet built engine very fast!!

Attachments

• yamaha.JPG
    yamaha.JPG
    120.6 KB · Views: 170
C-Los SD, that is a beautiful bike. Where did you find your tail light bracket and lens? That is exactly what I'm looking for. I'm ready to lose the "Rising Sun" that's bolted to my rear fender. Also, care to share some tips on your polishing skills?

Here's a picture of mine after 6 months. It's a 62k mile bike that I purchased for $500 not running with a burnt wire harness. So far she has new wiring, rebuilt carbs, new swingarm guts, new steering races, and upside down clubmans. Future plans include a recovered seat, new paint on the tank and side covers, and a top end overhaul later this year. This is my first bike and I'm absoutely obsessed with it!

Attachments

• XS2.jpg
    XS2.jpg
    207.1 KB · Views: 197
  • XS.jpg
    XS.jpg
    195.1 KB · Views: 180
Hi
My name's Dave I live in Keighley West Yorkshire England I'm new to this site and been doing some reading up about XS 650's I recently bought the one in the picture below as a project but after riding it for a few days I think I like it as it is but may change the colour scheme.

just thought I'd post a picture.

Regards
Dave :thumbsup:

002.jpg

Welcome Dave. Nice bike, not much needing doing there except for perhaps a change of colour like you say :thumbsup:

cmyoch, It is awesome to see that many miles on an XS! I wish I could say mine had that many.

I was a little intimidated by the miles when I first got it but after working out all the bugs (thanks to my fellow brothers on this forum), I don't even think about the miles anymore. I had a guy tell me recently that he would take a 62k mile bike any day with no worries. That's proof that it has been run consistantly and nothing has siezed or gone bad by sitting in a garage or barn for years.

This upcoming fall, I intend on doing a top end overhaul and I plan on adding another 60k miles to the odometer.

Thanks for the compliment!

zsmqgx.jpg
[/IMG]
hi all, its a project from jakarta indonesia please tell me the bad things abou my project :)
hope it can be done by end of this month, all is handmade, except the rim and the tyres :p

Last edited:
zsmqgx.jpg
[/IMG]
hi all, its a project from jakarta indonesia please tell me the bad things abou my project :)
hope it can be done by end of this month, all is handmade, except the rim and the tyres :p

I'd be curious as to how that springer/tube front end works out when you actually start riding it.

But all in all I like the look. Hope you finish soon.

Last edited:
Javafinger I like that massive front end look! Good work so far. Uh things tend to rust kind of fast there? Keep us in the loop.

Back